This promotion is operated and administered on behalf of Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited (the “Promoter“) by Richmond Towers Communications Limited (company number 05452146), whose registered office address is Lector Court, 151-153 Farringdon Road, London, EC1R 3AF (“R&T“). The prizes are arranged, fulfilled and delivered by XSEM Limited (company number 04654429), whose registered office is at Leigh House, St. Pauls Street, Leeds, LS1 2JT (“XSEM“) on behalf of the Promoter.
How R&T and XSEM will use your personal data:
- The personal data that you provide in connection with this promotion will be used by R&T only for the purpose of administering the promotion, verifying eligibility and selecting and contacting the winners in accordance with the terms and conditions relating to the promotion below (“Terms and Conditions”). The Terms and Conditions are the legal basis for R&T’s processing. If you do not provide your personal data, R&T cannot process your entry, enter you into the promotion or notify you if you win a ‘Prize’ (as defined in the section titled ‘Prizes’ in the Terms and Conditions).
- If you win a Prize, R&T will share the personal data that you provided in connection with this promotion with XSEM (the Prize fulfilment agency). R&T will not disclose or share your personal data with any third party other than XSEM and those who are engaged by R&T to administer the promotion. XSEM will not disclose or share your personal data (or the personal data of your guest) with any third party other than those who are engaged by XSEM to fulfil and deliver the Prize and/or in connection with the publication of winners’ details. Your personal data (and, if you are a winner, the personal data of your guest) may need to be sent to countries outside of the UK in order to conduct aspects of the promotion (e.g. where fulfilment of the Prize happens in another country). Where this occurs, R&T and XSEM will each ensure that any transfer happens in accordance with applicable law.
- If you win a Prize, XSEM will:
- R&T will delete your personal data promptly after the Prizes have been awarded and distributed. If you are successful in winning a Prize (or you are a guest of winner), then XSEM will not keep your personal data for any longer than it needs to, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties. To find out more, you can contact R&T and/or XSEM using the contact details set out at paragraph 5 below.
- In accordance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations, R&T and XSEM each remind you, and your guest, that at any time you, and/or your guest, may exercise your/their rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation of treatment, opposition to treatment, including a right to require that R&T and/or XSEM erase the personal data (but note that this will automatically remove your entry from the promotion (in the case of R&T) and, if you are a winner or a guest of a winner (in the case of XSEM), will mean that you/they cannot receive or take up the Prize), a right to amend your data and the right to ask to port (transfer) your data directly to another organisation by sending an email to (in the case of R&T) email@example.com or (in the case of XSEM) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you believe that R&T and/or XSEM is not treating your personal data in accordance with the law, you have the right to file a complaint with the Information Commission’s Officer (ICO) or other competent authority. You can find more details about the ICO at their website ico.org.uk.
How the Promoter will use your personal data
- Any personal data posted on, or held by, the @Erdinger.UK Instagram page will be processed by the Promoter in accordance with its Privacy Notification (in particular, see the section entitled “Visitors of our social media sites”) and used only for the purposes set out in that Privacy Notification.
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is open to all persons aged 25 or over and resident in the United Kingdom, (excluding Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and Scotland), other than employees, and their immediate families, of Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited, R&T and XSEM, their associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- R&T, on behalf of the Promoter, reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. R&T may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a Prize may be withheld until R&T is satisfied with the verification.
How to Enter
- You will require internet access and a Instagram account to enter the promotion. You must allow social media messages from third parties on that Instagram account in order for R&T to contact you should you be a winner.
- A purchase is necessary to enter the promotion.
- There are four opportunities to enter the promotion:
- “Entry One”. To use Entry One, complete the steps at paragraph 6 below between 00:00 on 6 June 2022 and 23:59 on 12 June 2022 (inclusive) (“Closing Date One”).
- “Entry Two”. To use Entry Two, complete the steps at paragraph 6 below between 00:00 on 13 June 2022 and 23:59 on 19 June 2022 (inclusive) (“Closing Date Two”).
- “Entry Three”. To use Entry Three, complete the steps at paragraph 6 below between 00:00 on 20 June 2022 and 23:59 on 26 June 2022 (inclusive) (“Closing Date Three”).
- “Entry Four”. To use Entry Four, complete the steps at paragraph 6 below between 00:00 on 27 June 2022 and 23:59 on 3 July 2022 (inclusive) (“Closing Date Four”).
- To enter, you must:
- purchase a draught pint, half pint or 500ml bottle of Erdinger Weissbier from a licensed premises in England and Wales;
- follow the @Erdinger.UK Instagram page;
- respond to the following post (the “Promotional Post“) by sharing a photograph of your poured pint, half pint or 500ml bottle of Erdinger Weissbier in your Instagram stories and/or Instagram feed post; and
- include in your response #WinWithErdinger.
Want to #WinWithErdinger? It’s competition time and this one is BIG. We’re giving you the chance to win a trip for two to Erding to enjoy a two night stay with a brewery tour, Therma spa day and accommodation covered. The best bit? There are four of these trips up for grabs, with one winner selected each week this month. To enter all you have to do is:
– Share a pic of your Erdinger pint in your local
– Post it on your Instagram story or feed
– Add the hashtag #WinWithErdinger
– Follow us @Erdinger.UK
Final entries on the 3rd of July.
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- The promotion opens for:
- Entry One entries at 00:00 on 6 June 2022. All Entry One entries must be received before Closing Date One;
- Entry Two entries at 00:00 on 13 June 2022. All Entry Two entries must be received before Closing Date Two;
- Entry Three entries at 00:00 on 20 June 2022. All Entry Three entries must be received before Closing Date Three; and
- Entry Four entries at 00:00 on 27 June 2022. All Entry Four entries must be received before Closing Date Four,
Closing Dates One, Two, Three and Four shall together be referred to as the “Closing Date“.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the applicable Closing Date for any reason. Proof of sending an entry shall not be deemed to be proof receipt.
- Photographs shared and any comments made on, or in response to, the Promotional Post must not feature:
- or tag Instagram contacts who are under the legal drinking age in that contact’s country of residence;
- images of anyone under the age of 25, or images of anyone who appears to be under the age of 25;
- third party brands or trade marks;
- rude or offensive words or connotations or abusive, defamatory, profane or otherwise offensive or inappropriate language;
- the portrayal or suggestion of immoderate or irresponsible drinking;
- daring or antisocial behaviour;
- anything which may breach any legal or code requirement which the Promoter is required to comply with; or
- anything which may damage the Promoter’s reputation.
- Photographs shared and any comments made on, or in response to, the Promotional Post by entrants in order to enter the promotion in accordance with paragraph 5 and 6 above which, in the reasonable opinion and sole discretion of R&T (on behalf of the Promoter) are deemed to contravene paragraph 10 will result in the entry to which they relate being ineligible for entry into this promotion and/or removal of the photograph / comment from the Promotional Post. R&T (on behalf of the Promoter) has sole discretion as to whether a photograph or comment contravenes paragraph 10 and whether entrance to the promotion is accepted.
- One entry per person for Entry One, Two, Three and Four. Winners will not be eligible to enter the promotion again and a guest of a winner will not be eligible to enter the promotion independently. For example, if you are an Entry One winner (or guest of an Entry One winner), you cannot enter Entry Two, Three or Four. Entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid.
- Prizes: there are four prize packages (in total) available to be won, one prize package per week (i.e. one prize package for Entry One, one prize package for Entry Two etc.). Each prize package consists of a 2 night holiday to Erding in Germany for the winner and 1 guest, specifically:
- pre-booked flights from a major UK airport to Munich International Airport (MUC) in Standard/Economy class with hand luggage only. Return flight included. There is no flight alternative;
- airport transfer from Munich International Airport to the hotel and return transfer from the hotel to Munich International Airport;
- hotel accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis at a 4 star hotel for 2 nights with the winner and their guest sharing a double bedroom or equivalent being provided;
- a food allowance for two up to the value of £200 (Food Allowance) to be spent during the holiday (see paragraph 17 regarding the payment of the Food Allowance);
- 1 pair of tickets for a tour of the Erdinger Brewery at Franz-Brombach-Straße 20, 85435 Erding, Germany to be used during the 2 night holiday on the date notified to the winner (Brewery Tour Tickets) including transfers to and from the hotel; and
- 1 pair of one day “TROPICAL SPA & VITALITYOASIS” entry tickets for Therme Erding Tropical Spa & Water Park at Thermenallee 1 – 5 D-85435 Erding to be used during the 2 night holiday on the date notified to the winner which includes entry to the Tropical Spa, Wave Pool & Galaxy Slides (Therme Tickets). Towel hire, additional equipment, activities (e.g. spa treatments) and facilities excluded,
the Brewery Tour Tickets and Therme Tickets shall together be referred to as the “Tickets”.
- Each Prize must be taken by the winner and guest before 31 May 2023 (please also see paragraph 22 regarding the acknowledgement of the Prize). Each winner must promptly confirm to XSEM the date on which they choose to redeem the Prize. The following dates are excluded: 23 September 2022 to 3 October 2022 (inclusive); and all statutory or public holidays in the United Kingdom and Germany (e.g. Christmas Day). Each Prize must be booked before 31 December 2022 and, unless stated otherwise in these Terms and Conditions, all elements of the Prize must be taken at the same time and once booked, cannot be altered or amended. All elements of the Prize will be booked by XSEM and the winner will provide all reasonable assistance to XSEM for such purposes. A valid credit or debit card may be required as a security deposit purposes when checking into accommodation. No element of the Prize may be resold under any circumstances.
- Use of the Tickets and entry into the applicable venue is subject to the venue regulations in force at that venue from time to time. Entry into the venue is also subject to the terms and conditions on the applicable Tickets. The Tickets must be used by the winner and their guest at the venue and on the date shown on the tickets during the opening hours of that venue. Tickets will be emailed to winners using the email address provided by the winner.
- Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winner and their guest with regard to the general use and/or enjoyment of a Prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner and their guest. Other travel, expenses, equipment and additional facilities excluded.
- XSEM, on behalf of the Promoter, will transfer to a bank account nominated in writing by the winner, the amount of the Food Allowance (£200) prior to the date booked for travel. For the avoidance of doubt, any overspend above the Food Allowance shall be the sole responsibility of the winner and their guest.
- The winner and their guest must provide their own travel insurance and any necessary vaccinations, immunisations or similar and supply proof of insurance to XSEM upon request. Both the winner and guest must be legally able to travel to Erding in Germany on the date booked for travel (including, but not limited to, meeting any Covid-19 regulations / restrictions which apply), attend the brewery tour and Therme Erding Tropical Spa & Water Park and obtain all necessary visas and other documentation (including, but not limited to, Covid-19 documentation required). Copies of valid passports will also be required.
- Any further Prize details will be confirmed when the winner is contacted by XSEM.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
- Any guest must be 25 years old or over. Winners and their guest must provide a copy of their identification to prove they are 25 years old or over before the Prize is awarded. If that identification shows that a winner is under 25 years old or if a winner does not provide valid identification within 5 days of notification that they have won, the Prize will be forfeited and a replacement winner may be drawn at R&T’s (on behalf of the Promoter) sole discretion. If identification provided by a winner’s guest shows that such guest is under 25 years old or if a guest of a winner does not provide valid identification within 5 days of notification to the winner that they have won, the winner will be contacted and will be asked to select an alternative/replacement guest. These Terms and Conditions will apply to any alternative/replacement guest(s) selected. A failure to respond to requests in respect of guest’s identification and/or selecting an alternative/replacement guest (if applicable) or a failure of any guest to provide valid identification showing that they are 25 years old or over within the specified timeframes may result in the Prize being forfeited and a replacement winner being drawn at R&T’s (on behalf of the Promoter) sole discretion.
- If a Prize is declined, is not booked before 31 December 2022 or is not taken before 31 May 2023, or a winner cannot take up a Prize or does not claim a Prize within 5 days of notification that they have won, the Prize will be forfeited and a replacement winner may be drawn at R&T’s (on behalf of the Promoter) sole discretion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a winner (or their guest) to take up the specified Prize (including, but not limited to, as a result of any Covid-19 regulations / restrictions which apply).
- Each element of a Prize is non-transferable and, except to the extent specified in these Terms and Conditions, no cash or other alternative will be offered.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for cancellation, curtailment or alteration of any event to which the Prize relates, or transport to or from them (except as stated above), for any reason.
Selection of Winner
- The winner will be the first entry drawn at random from all eligible entries by a computer process that produces verifiably random results after each Closing Date and will be contacted within 7 days of that Closing Date by direct message on Instagram.
- To obtain the name and county of the winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope to XSEM, Leigh House, St. Pauls Street, Leeds, LS1 2JT within three months of the applicable Closing Date.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram and by entering this promotion you hereby release Instagram from any liability in respect of this promotion.
- You must not re-post, forward or otherwise share Instagram messages or posts relating to this promotion with any of your Instagram contacts who are under the legal drinking age in the intended recipient’s country of residence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and / or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
- R&T, on behalf of the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these Terms and Conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion. This includes any individual found to be attempting to circumvent this paragraph by tampering with the operation of the promotion, setting up multiple accounts or using multiple identities. No bulk, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. The Promoter’s decision as to any aspect of this promotion is final.
- Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited, Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4JT.
Please drink responsibly. Bedrinkaware.co.uk.
Short Form Terms and Conditions for Promotional Materials